Machineries and Major Equipments:
- Lathe Machine
- Milling Machine
- Drilling Machine
- Shaping Machine
- Lathe Tool Dynamometer
- Thermocouple (8 channel)
- Tool maker’s Microscope
- Digital Vernier Caliper
- Mitutoyo Corporation make Surface Roughness Tester
List of Experiments:
- Measurement of cutting forces in straight turning operation of Al and mild steel by varying different process parameters using Lathe Tool Dynamometer.
- Measurement of average cutting temperature of Al and mild steel in straight turning operation by varying different process parameters.
- Measurement of surface roughness of Al and mild steel in straight turning operation by varying different process parameters using Surface roughness tester (Mitutoyo Corporation make).
- Study of Chip formation (type, colour & thickness) in turning of mild steel specimen under machining conditions and Evaluation of role of variation of speed, cutting velocity and depth of cut on chip reduction coefficient and shear angle.
- Manufacturing of a cast iron V-block by performing shaping operation on shaping machine.
- Manufacturing of a Straight Toothed Spur Gear from a cast iron blank by Simple Indexing Method on a milling machine.
- Measurement of tool wear and evaluation of tool life in turning operation of mild steel by HSS using Tool maker’s microscope.